Be it every day chores or sporting activities, anything can cause a hip strain resulting in a lot of discomforts. A hip strain usually occurs when the muscles attached to the hip joint are injured, strained or torn out completely. The hip joint is a form of ball and socket joint that undergoes wear and tear even while performing routine activities. The hip strain can be experienced in three different degrees, depending on the amount of damage caused to the supporting muscles.
Look out for the following symptoms when you suspect that you have encountered a hip strain.
- Discomfort inside the hip joint
- Discomfort outside the hip joint
- Restricted motion
- Weakness in the muscle
- Sensing a pull in the groin area
You can immediately perform the below sequence of steps as the first aid for hip strain or when you encounter any of the above-mentioned symptoms.
- Rest – The immediate action that needs to taken after experiencing a hip strain is to rest and relax. Any further strain can cause great damage to the muscle resulting in a very high amount of pain, deteriorating the patient’s condition.
- Cold Pack – Placing an ice pack over the injured area will reduce the amount of swelling and pain. Remember not to apply or place the ice directly over the skin instead use a means to carry the effect of ice alone on the injury. This can be used as a remedy for a few days for 10 to 15 minutes every day.
- Compression – Wrap a bandage with very light pressure around the injured area in order to prevent any amount of further swelling. Do not apply pressure while placing a compression as this will cause unnecessary damage and strain to the injured area.
- Elevation – Lift your legs slightly above your heart and remain in an elevated posture to ease out the pain a little.
The RICE technique is a regular and most popular practice to treat hip strains.
Exercise can either help you in curing the existing pain or can even cause further damage to your current injured state. Try to perform hip flexion and hip extension in lying posture to slowly start stretching your muscles back. Do not start this workout if it is causing any kind of pain or discomfort. Try to avoid exercises such as walking on rough terrain, contact sports, strengthening exercises with Fildena 25mg and cardiovascular exercises which have a great impact on the hip joint.